Thursday, April 12, 2007

Watch Dog for Your Family

Are you in search of a new puppy that you can bring home to the kids that will make a great family watch dog when he grows up? What family doesn't? But what type of dog would make a great family watch dog?

I know that the first thought that comes to my mind when I hear "family watch dog" is a German Shepherd or a Golden Retriever. Or how about a big tough Rottweiler for a family watch dog?

With all of this talk about a family watch dog nobody ever seems to mention our little friends that, although lacking in size, make up for it in barking. I'm talking about one of my favorite dog breed called the Chihuahua!

You know these little guys make fantastic family watch dogs. They are so high strung and will just bark and yap away if the hear the faintest of sounds at night.

I have had small dogs all of my life and have felt totally safe with my little taco bell dog watching over us as we sleep. People always laugh when I tell them that my family watch dog is a Chihuahua, but it's true and there is nothing worse that a night-time burglar hates than the loud warnings of a Chihuahua yelping from afar!

For more information on dog breeds - click here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home